Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Friday, May 05, 2006

My wife, the baker

Recently my wife went to a cooking class at a woman's house. It was more like one of those things the girls do together. You know what I mean. Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc... Well this one was a Bosch Kitchen Machine meeting where the girls learned about the intricacies of baking, kneading, and all that other stuff associated with baking! (I'm a guy so I'm kinda clueless!) One interesting thing she learned was that after 24 hours, flour loses 45% of it's nutrients and within 72 hours it loses 90%! Obviously this intrigued my already health concience wife.

Our friend Tamra Farah gave us some flour that she and Jennette ground at her house and instead of buying the $370 machine (the Bosch) she decides to "hand knead" the bread. (Boy I wish I had pictures of her hands while she was kneading the dough!) Anyway, she was pretty excited.So she decided to make a loaf of bread, a couple loaves of french bread, and some pizza crusts. I didn't object since I knew I would get some homemade pizza out of the deal which is always a good thing.

So she goes to work on the bread and eventually it gets put in the oven (nice oven shot...yes, I know...thank you.) All the while I'm waiting for her to finish so we can watch "Lost" which we recorded Wednesday night and are now just getting around to watching. (No, we don't have Tivo, Ty - that's for all you rich people!)


So out it comes...and it's looking good! I can't wait for my pizza! (That's the crust in the oven...hehe)In case you're wondering, the moral of the story is basically this: If your wife is baking bread and you're waiting for her to finish, just blog about it because it makes the whole experience much more fun. Plus you'll make alot of people read something that really has no point. Kinda fun, eh? Gotcha!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

That's how I feel about all our blogs. I mean who really cares about our garage sale? But I got YOU to read it! :)

12:44 PM

 
Blogger ellen said...

I read it. :-) I also am moving my stuff into Jennifer Marshall's house tonight. She bought me a postcard of Prince William to decorate my room with..... hehe go figure.

4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home