Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Worship, Chairs, Cars and Construction...

Wow. I'm really tired. It's been a very big day. It started off normal enough until on my way to work I was the 5th caller at a local Christian station and I won the new United CD/DVD. So I went to pick it up at the station and ended up getting an offer to do an interview about our new church! Pretty cool how that worked out.

So then it's off to the office. Currently we office in an office club about 3 or 4 minutes from the church. At any rate I wasn't there long because today was the big "pick" day - when they were going to pick the 22 ton beam up and place it in place at the church. Whoa....let me try and explain... Our church sanctuary is actually 4 movie theatres all "pointed" in the same direction. #1 and #4 are currently walled off to be used for future expansion. So between #2 and #3 there are about 5 or 6 columns that would run right down the center of our sanctuary. So basically we had a 22 ton metal truss fabricated to take the place of those columns. It's really is a monster - it's 5 feet tall! Anyway, here's some pictures:



So that's how you lift a 22 ton truss. Wow. And it's not even noon.

Off to Denver to look at some possible sanctuary chairs. I'm there for a bit and then on the way home I stop at several car lots to look for a new (used) car to replace my 1989 Honda Civic that recently failed its state emmissions test. (I refuse to pay $90 to tell me that I need to spend another $150-1500!) Once I get a car I'll post a picture here, too.

So I just got home and it's 9:20. Needless to say I'm tired. Tomorrow is (probably) another big day. As my friend Randy McCoy said, "welcome to church planting." It's a tiring job to be sure, but somebody's got to do it.

Honestly? I'm glad it's me. I love it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool beam! Hee, sorry but the engineer in me had to comment. Glad you guys are doing well! I can't say as I miss you yet because it won't really hit me until I get back home in May. The weather is FINALLY warming up in Moscow and we're getting to see the sun. Just in time for me to leave. Love you! -Jennifer

11:41 PM

 
Blogger Lacy said...

Ah... Travis, aren't you the one accusing Kenton of not knowing how to blog? Well.... YOU didn't post under your name either.... sheesh!
Very cool building.

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home