Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New (Used) Car!!!

Four score and seven years ago (well, seven years anyway) we bought a very nice 1989 Honda Civic DX. It was maroon, had four doors, a decent amount of miles for the year and we, the Ross', were happy. The Civic (or the "drove car" as Taite and Trinity referred to it) was very good to our family. I think I changed the tires twice, replaced a battery and fixed the air conditioning (after 4 years of owning it!) For owning a car that long, we did very well - the Civic was a good car.

Fast forward to 2006 and the Ross Clan move out to Colorado Springs where the state has emissions laws (tree huggers!) I take my Civic in to get it tested so I can get my CO registration and tags. Costs me $35 and the car fails miserably. I am then told that it'll cost $90 for them to diagnose the problem so I can get it fixed. So I ask what's the ball park figure to fix it. He tells me it can be anywhere between $150 to $1500! Ouch! So there I am thinking "Ouch! That's a lot of money to sink in this car!"

Well suffice it to say we decided to try and get something else and retire our little metal go-cart friend. After going to probably 10 lots I was beginning to think I couldnt find a car with all the things I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. But God knew! So on Saturday we became the proud new owners of a 1998 Acura 2.3CL. It's REALLY nice and has everything I wanted in a car. AND we got it for $3000 less than retail! Praise the Lord! Anyway, here you go - pics as promised!

9 Comments:

Blogger tykasper said...

Sweet car. I'm going to miss the Civic though. The Mario Cart. Memories

12:03 AM

 
Blogger Lacy said...

How do you pronounce it? A-CURE-AH?
:)

11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your new car
~sara

11:33 AM

 
Blogger ellen said...

ok i'm commenting like a good little girl. :-)

do you still have the minivan?

8:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Grandkid Picts (need a DAILY FIX). It takes to much time wont cut it. This is a cost of taking my Grandkids away. Love you and Jennette too.
DAD

9:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, have fun getting all three kids into the back seat of a two door!!! Love you guys & miss you! -- Jamie Berryman

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Travis R. said...

The cool thing is that we still ahve the Van! MUHAHA!!!

9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

9:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

4:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home