Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rocky Mountain National Park

This weekend was alot of fun. Not only did Ethan finally make the trip to Colorado, but we also got a chance to head north to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. For those of you that have known me for awhile, you know that every year I go to the YMCA of the Rockies for the annual Vineyard Worship Leader's Retreat. This year Vineyard Music hosted a worship leader "boot camp" for young worship leaders and I wanted to see if I could see a few friends while they were close to home...so up we went. We saw Randy McCoy, Steve Jones, Katie Faulk, Casey Corum, Sheri Carr, Diane Thiel and last but oh so definately not least, the one and only Micah Oelze - who also happens to be a Ross family kid favorite.

On the way to RMNP, we were suprised by a bunch of cars aligning the road. When we figured out what everyone was looking at, we decided to stop ourselves and (even though we're now "officially" from Colorado) become tourists.



So after we got up to the park, we headed to bear lake. The kids really enjoyed climbing the rocks and chasing after the wild life. I uploaded some video for you to see and also took some pictures. If you'd like to see the 2 minute video, click here and it will take you there. Here are some more pics, too. Blessings to all!




7 Comments:

Blogger Lacy said...

Judah doesn't quite understand technology yet. He will be talking on the cell phone and say, "Look at that Daddy!" He will then hold up the phone to the car window and be none the wiser to what he's doing. So today we watched the video and he was waving like mad at Trinity and couldn't figure out why she wasn't waving back... very sweet... and sad. I know I've just gotta "suck it up" and get out there ASAP!

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Jennette said...

Hi Judah, sorry I couldn't wave back, so come and visit, okay?

love Trinity

9:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time and that Taite was really glad to see Ethan. I know you enjoyed the park, who wouldn't? Love to all.

12:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, I love the picture of Jennette and Trinity, my two favorite girls! The family photo is pretty great too.

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my kids; my state; my park; If only "my" body were there with you. I love and miss all of you even more than my state and park.
Thanks for the pictures.
Love Grandpa

3:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching the video I'll add "one of my lakes". The 3 lakes above ther are even more breathtaking and your mother has been to the top one. Travis was there in a carring sack like Jaden's when he was about 7 months old and went on a 16 mile hike that your mother wanted to kill me over. One of many times!!

4:00 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Rocky Mountain National Park is beautiful. I posted some pics of us when we went there a couple of years ago. We love the hiking and beautiful views. You are looking great Jennette! Talk to you soon.

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home