Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Lawn, Colorado Wildlife and Christian Radio

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. No good reason, really...just haven't gotten around to it! Things have been pretty normal around here...at least as normal as they are these days. I mowed the lawn today - yuck. With 40 acres I can't really tell what sections I should leave and which sections I really need to mow. Anyway, it was really tall so it took even longer than it should have. Add to it that I'm at 6000+ feet above sea level AND the terrain is up and down and it adds up to a very un-enjoyable 2 1/2 hours. However it's done. At least I won't have to do it for a while.

So the other day I'm talking to Pastor Barry on the phone and I look out and see this!

What? You can't see it? Hmm... Well here, let me help. I'll add an arrow for you.


What? That didn't help? Sheesh! I guess I have to zoom in, too??!! Fine. Here!


Yes...that, my friends, is a coyote in our backyard. About 200 feet off our back deck to be precise. Unfortunately in the crazy moment of grabbing the camera, trying to get a good shot through the window (didn't want to scare him by opening the door) all the while talking to Barry on my cell I forgot to zoom in. Bummer.

Pretty exciting, eh? I actually saw one yesterday morning, too, but it ran off as I wan trying to get my camera. I think they've figured out that somebody lives here so they keep their distance. Good thing!

I did an interview on a local Christian radio show that aired this past Wednesday. You can click the link below to check it out. It's about 14 minutes long, but I think it's a good interview.

Travis' Interview On Power 88

So that's it! My parents are coming out to visit over Memorial Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I've never been away from them for such a long time. Not that I'm a big jerk or cold hearted, but I really didn't think I'd miss them as much as I have. It'll be fun to show them around our new homeland. Blessings to you all! Good night!

4 Comments:

Blogger Maria. said...

Sorry Travis that we aren't coming out to see you! Thanks for filling me in on Lacy's other blog. I am still trying to post photos, I enjoy reading Jeanette's and your posts and being jealous that I cannot take such crystal clear photos like you did of the coyote!

I know what it is like to be so far away from family and miss them so much. It really makes you enjoy them when you are around them! We miss you all and look forward to seeing you sometime.

1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dj is bad at interviews. He sounds like he knew NOTHING about you.
A good dj would know EVERYTHING about you but ask questions like he wanted to hear it all again. He didn't even seem interested in what was going on.

I could have done a lot better.

You sounded good Travis. I could tell you were a little nervous, but I doubt that anyone else in COsprings could.

Jennette could have done a lot better.

-Kenton

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Now, Travis needs a riding lawn mower! Did you hear that James, 40 acres is the cut off.

How many of those acres did you actually mow Travis?

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wildlife is definitely cool, but I don't think I'd be all that happy about having coyotes around if I had small children that might be out playing.

In fact, that's been somewhat of a concern of ours at our place in Benton, although we haven't actually seen any out there yet.

Greg

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home