Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nothin' But Blue Skies

I've never been too partial to cold weather, so I was a little reluctant to move somewhere I knew it snowed. Native Coloradians (don't know if that is a word) continue to tell me winters are nice. I keep saying, "we'll see," but I do know one thing. I think I can handle whatever kind of winter the lovely state of Colorado can dish out if it means we can have summers like they have here. Most days have been sunny and blue skies, with a temp of 85. What a dream, after enduring heat that felt like a blow torch was blasting you everytime you braved opening the door and stepping outside in Wichita.



So needless to say, we've been enjoying the pool. It is a challenge to keep the kids properly sunscreened. Somehow I am not getting any sun and the kids who are lathered in lotion at multiple intervals, continue to crispen. Yes, Mom, I am actually getting in the water, so it's not that the kids have the advantage of the sun reflecting off the water. For all of you who didn't know me as a teenager, I use to float around on rafts to get a tan and feel cool, but not have to actually get wet and mess up my hair or makeup. That was also back in the days when I always had my nails painted and would try five or six outfits on before choosing what I was going to wear. I' ve now joined the ranks of fellow stay at home moms and find blow drying my hair a luxury. It's hard to rationalize makeup and a hair fixing ritual when I know I'm going to get water logged later that day.

Jaden is rolling over now and beginning to pick things up. He discovered the greatest most accessible toy known to a five month old...his feet. It's still second place to his personal favorite, the thumb. He's so talented, he can now suck his thumb regardless of the position he is lying in.


In other news, Trinity will be four in a week or so. I keep asking her if she would please stay three, but she insists that she must grow up. After the pool, however, she still needs her "3 year old" nap.


One last fun update. I got a job teaching dance at a studio here in town. It's a very good school and I am honored that God opened up the opportunity. I will be teaching a class or two in the fall. You can check out the school at www.balletsocietyofcoloradosprings.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but it's not summer until you walk outside & feel like you're baking. I know I'm weird - I actually like Kansas weather.
Love the pictures of the kiddos! So cute. Miss you guys!
-Jen

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Lacy said...

It's good to know I'm not alone in the care of my hair! It's amazing what states I will leave the house in where as a teenager my dad would have to come and pull the plug after 30 minutes of running the dryer.
You guys look happy, I can't believe how big Jaden is, he's so cute.
Congrats again on the new job.
Enjoy your last days with your three year old, my goodness it went fast!
(I'll always remember her Birthday month because we postponed our wedding date so you wouldn't go into labor during the ceremony!)
MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Travis he was walking when only his Grandmother had seen him turn-over. Now Travis is a church leader and would never???? stretch the truth. I guess I know him better than that. Did you enjoy Estes Park? Love you guys
Grandpa Ross

6:11 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ah, it's so sad you guys being so far away. I guess I could commute for dance lessons.haha. On a serious note whoever takes your class, they're gonna be some lucky people they have a great teacher! William and I definately miss you here! I also have to say, "What is make-up?" I've must have forgotten, plus I don't even own a blow dryer! I just throw my hair in a ponytail, sometimes I don't even brush it! Love you guys!

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Jennette almost went to labor on the way to our wedding ceremony Lacy. I am sure you remember that because it was raining so hard you could not even see a foot in front of your care, so you guys couldn't make it to our wedding. Wow, already 4 years.

Jennette, I am so happy you have this new job. God has truely blessed this time in your lives. Wow! Jaden looks soooo cute. He is getting bigger and getting his own look. All the kids truely look happy. Also, I can't believe you have your own pool. You know how I am with basking in the sun. I am jealous! But, happy for you too. Thanks for taking the time to post all those recent pics. It doesn't feel like you are too far away. But yet it makes me ache to see you. Talk to you soon.

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home