Now that we're here in Colorado Springs, we wanted to be able to share a little about what's happening in our family with all of our friends. So tune in and we'll keep you posted!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Been A Long Time

Wow! We didn't mean for this much time to go between posts. At the turn of the new year, as many of you know, Travis' Dad unexpectedly died, so I guess we weren't much in the mood for posting things. Then, I guess time just gets away from you or rather me. So let me attempt to catch you up on the past few months.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Jan. 10th marked the one year anniversary of our Jaden. The first year always flies, but I guess with the move and all the changes for our family it really flew. A few weeks ago he took his first step. Although he seemed to be a late bloomer, we weren't in any hurry for him to walk. I can remember wanting Taite to walk so bad. With that first kid you want them to hurry up and do everything. It's funny how much you slow down with each addition to the family. Here's a video of him walking:

Some of Jaden's first steps.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


February not only greeted me with the harsh reality that I know longer really can brag about my age, except of course when someone mistakes me for a college student...that happened ask my Mom!...but it also brought with it the 9 year anniversary of Travis and my wedded bliss. He bought me a beautiful ring and I got him some CD's. Girls definitely have the corner market on gifts. He seemed happy though. Don't I prove my love to him every day with my thoughtful acts of service and that I am still here? Truly, I am so blessed to have a wonderful God fearing husband who loves and respects me...but the ring is nice.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


March of course marked the one year anniversary of our time here in Colorado. As it turns out, we will be staying out at the ranch house indefinitely. I know that makes all our out of town guests happy. We aren't complaining either...the view, the pool, I mean who would? Travis is actually on his way right now to buy a door for Taite's room. If we are staying the kid needs a little privacy. Actually, it's really to keep the dog from getting in.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A dog? Yeah, we got a dog back in January. He is a Brittany and his name is Chief...can you guess who wanted that name? We love him and can't stand him. He is a puppy, all puppy. He's going to be a great dog once we can get him to quit chewing up our stuff and using the rug for his toilet. He's very cuddly and smart and he's ours, so we'll keep him:)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My Mom, Grandmother, and sister, Christina came out to visit at the end of March. We ventured to the zoo on the mountain. Really, it's on the mountain, stange but true.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We also went letter boxing and found the box, thanks to Christina. I managed to bruise myself on a log. Whoever said letter boxing was for sissies? Mostly, we relaxed and enjoyed each others company. It was nice.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


That brings us up to date. Travis is well and still enjoying his work at church. He is getting ready to start a boot camp of sorts with Pastor Barry. He will be the guinea pig for an intensive discipleship regimen for late 20, early 30 something men. Should be fun and challenging all the same.

Taite continues to do well with school. He is going to sign up for spring soccer and take piano lessons this summer. He's really taking off with his reading. It's a joy to see it all begin to click. He told me the other day, "I like school again...for I while I didn't, but now I do."


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Trinity is gearing up for her dance recital. She will be a dancing princess, what could be better? She is really coming alive with learning in the last few months. She is just starting to become aware of words and letters around her and has a desire to understand so much. That is always a fun time.

Jaden has been sick since Thursday with another stomach flu. The poor little guy just lays around, he doesn't have much energy for anything else. Despite his discomfort, he is still pleasant and smiles. He's a lot more cuddly, so it's not all bad...you just have to over look the constant laundering of sheets and clothes....hmmm, yuck.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I am getting ready for my dance class to perform in their recital. I will also join the worship team on Easter and begin singing back-up about once a month. That is all I can handle, I think, right now. I guess the only other big news is that we are going to have another baby, expected to arrive Nov. 12! Trinity is hoping for a baby sister, but we will of course be happy with what ever God will bring us. Everything is going well. I'm just battling feeling tired and late evening sickness. Tom Ross' birthday is Nov 15th, so it would be a nice thing if the baby came on that day to help us have something good to feel on what will be a painful day.

Hopefully that catches everyone up. We love you all and miss you.

Blessings~Jennette


6 Comments:

Blogger tykasper said...

Congrats on the baby. So, is Ty a name you guys are throwing around if its a boy? :) Can't wait to see you guys in June. Invites should be coming soon!

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Lacy said...

Must be something in that mountain air! Remind me not to breath too deep next time we're out!
Congratulations! You make beautiful babies, why not one more?!
Love you all!

3:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys. Speaking as a grandma, it's absolutely womderful. I think you must still have vineyard water residue!! There are so many babies due here sometimes it feels like half the church body is expecting! Miss ya bunches

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Don't worry, you didn't steal my thunder. I am used to everyone being pregnant down here. I am so excited and surprised you are having another one! I like the number 4. Maybe James will let us go that far. Yeah right! I told Lacy I WILL be blogging this weekend so keep you fingers ready to check it out. So, you all will be coming down in June for Ty's wedding? I will be huge then. I can't wait! What is the best time to call you in the day. It seems like everytime I get a nitch to call you I think, "She is probably getting the kids up ready for school." Love ya and miss you!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger josh said...

"With that first kid you want them to hurry up and do everything."

well now i feel like a huge disappointment. my younger bro is married, my sis is getting married in July, and i'll be going stag to the wedding.

i've been over here since september and haven't even snogged a girl with an accent yet. (relax, it just means "to make out with".) i'm starting to think that medieval literature just ain't sexy anymore.

kudos to Taite on the spring football...make sure he learns how to kick with both feet. that's probably the most important thing to learn at his age. well, that and how to dive.

enjoyed seeing the pics; congrats on the baby; see you all in June at the Kasper/Morris wedding! (i'll be the one reading Beowulf in the corner all by myself.)

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Wow look at how much the kids have grown. That first year sure does go by fast. Congrats!! Another little one to love! I wanted to let you know also that I will be keeping up with my Blogg as well. Here is the addy again in case you don't have it. http://thracchinis.blogspot.com/

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home